Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Birthday | Jessica Lloyd Photography | Magna Utah

 I just recently had a birthday.  As is typical for a birthday, I got out the camera, but since I can't take my own birthday pictures I offered it up to the family.  My eleven year old stepped in as family photographer for me.
 I love how she filled the frame with the bag...Great example of getting the details of an event!
 Money!  I got enough money that I'll probably be able to get a graphics tablet!!  Tough part is picking one!
That shiny blob is an earring.  I lost my favorite pair of earrings, so my mom bought me a pair that was very similar.  Guess what? Two days later I found the lost pair!  LOL!  Isn't that just how life is?

The settings I use on my camera for my super shaky daughter are usually geared toward higher shutter speeds than what you'd usually use.  She set it this time.  She used the portrait mode (low shutter speed, big aperture) and the flash compensated for her shake.  I have a Gary Fong diffuser on my pop up flash.

Oh, oh, oh, my Christmas present from my mom came yesterday!  I'm getting a 5 in one reflector, 42 inch and an arm to attach it to my light stands!!  Woohoo!  Too bad I have to wait until Christmas to use it.  My mom hates shopping on the internet, but usually that's where you can get the best deals on photography supplies, so I ordered it for her and had it shipped here, so that I could make sure what came was what was right (and so I could check it out :-D).  She's coming to get it and wrap it. Can't wait to try it out!  Anyone want to schedule a session?  I have no idea how to really use the beast and I'm gonna need practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment