Monday, December 6, 2010

The Meaning of Family Photographs

 I found an interesting website article this morning and thought I'd share it with you.  It reads like a research paper, but it had some cool tidbits about family photographs and what they mean to us as a society.  There is a part where it talks about how there are more pics with the first kid than with subsequent kids.  That was true at our house, until we went digital...now there are TONS of pics of all three of my kids.  I did really well at getting my first child's portraits taken at regular intervals, but the other two have less professional ones done.  Did you do that too?

Another part that I found interesting was that photographs can be therapeutic.  They can help with memory loss.  I have a friend who fell and hit her head recently and she's really struggling to remember things.  I hope she has lots of pictures to help her along her journey of recovery.

Anyway, it was kinda fun to read about photos and how they impact our lives.  If you get a minute, take a look.  I've attached a link to the article.

Meaning of Family Photographs

No comments:

Post a Comment