Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My latest project






Last summer we bought a used camper trailer.  We loved it.  The family that owned it before us were so careful and took such good care of it.  This summer we had an accident with it.  We had a problem with the brakes, wind, and being on a hill, which lead to us being off the road and backwards with the trailer on its side.  The insurance company was great and got us a check so quickly, but it was for much less than what we had paid for the trailer and we weren't able to replace it with one as nice.  But, we found one that we love.  The cushions were pretty squashed in it.  It was rather uncomfortable to sleep on the queen bed.  So, I bought some new foam for it.  Since I was going to have to basically rip apart the old cushions to put in the new foam, I thought I'd just make new ones in colors I like...red and blue!  So, I spent about two weeks sewing (something I learned from my mom when I was REALLY little and have done for many years, but not much recently).  I finally got all the cushions and curtains finished last night.  Thanks to my DH's help, I was also able to replace the trim pieces on the benches.  Can't wait to take it out camping again!

1 comment: